Assembly Line Meals


Imagine having 3 days worth of nutritious meals ready to grab from the fridge and heat in 5-10 minutes. It's easy when you spend a little time once every few days assembling the raw ingredients and precooked grains into food containers.

You will need:



  • Several 2-cup food containers (I recommend Pyrex and Glasslock). The number depends on how many meals you want to assemble. I usually do 9 containers so that I have 3 days worth of meals ready to heat up.



  • Plenty of items from as many of the food groups as recommended by your CF Team (vegetables, fruit, grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, herbs, spices, oils, etc)

1. Make a big batch of anything that takes a while to cook, such as (brown) rice, quinoa, (Spelt) pasta, and (sweet) potatoes.

2. If you have CFRD, use a measuring cup to measure the amount of carbohydrates you will take insulin with. Distribute the same portion size for each food group into each container.

3. Put them in the fridge.

4. When you are ready to eat, just take one container, add a little water to the bottom of a steamer, and steam for a few minutes until tender!

Since I have CFRD, I need to use the same portion size of carbohydrates each meal so I know how much insulin to take; so I  food storage to help me measure portion size to gain weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment