ORKAMBI IS WORKING!

I've been waiting my whole life for today's results.
Today at my quarterly CF Center appointment, I confirmed that my health is almost certainly improving because of Orkambi. The results I've noticed are backed up by clinical data.

ONE MONTH BEFORE ORKAMBI (July 16, 2015)
I weighed 119 pounds.
My FEV1 (lung function test) was 75% (100% is normal)
I coughed consistently each day and had a lot of congestion.
Coughs would often happen without my control.


TWO MONTHS AFTER ORKAMBI
I weigh 123 pounds. (I've gained 4 pounds without even trying!)
My FEV1 is 84%. (My lung function has improved 9%) (circled below)
I occasionally cough and consistently have miniscule to small amounts of congestion! (Dramatic difference)
I cough voluntarily (rather than without warning)


As if I weren't lucky enough, NO SIDE EFFECTS so far!

I feel triumph, gratitude, and joy, like I've won the lottery AND cashed it in. I will keep y'all posted as I get more results each quarter.

Orkambi is only available for 40% of CF patients. Please consider donating to the CF Foundation which has worked tirelessly since 1955 to "add more tomorrows."

Thanks for reading and sending lots of love to all,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment